If you think you’ve got what it takes, we’d love to hear from you. We’ve listed below, the core responsibilities of this position. If you would like to submit an application, please do so via seek.com Your application should include a cover letter & clearly show your experience in each of the core responsibilities of this role. Closing date for applications is Friday 9th October, 2015
*Update* – seek applications have now closed. If you would like to apply for this role, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the application closing date of Friday 9th October 2015.
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective OBE customers.
• Generate sales of OBE Organic products. This will include:
a. Developing an in depth understanding of OBE products and services and the OBE cost profile incorporating production, storage, transport and logistics;
b. Negotiating with customers to maximise sales, profit and inventory control;
c. Preparation of sales quotes with due consideration of the OBE cost profile;
d. Completing and reviewing credit applications, and;
e. Generation of relevant documentation including sales and purchase orders;
• Actively monitor debtors and seek prompt payment for outstanding accounts.
• Assist with promotions and the distribution of marketing materials.
2. Planning & Market Development
• Contribute to the development and implementation of operational , marketing and sales plans relating to the company as a whole and individual product programs
• Manage OBE productions at relevant abattoirs, to ensure compliance with orders, customer requirements and the OBE Quality System.
• Produce, and analyse (where applicable) relevant production documentation. This includes:
a) weekly boning specification sheets based on customer requirements & the analysis of feedback sheets, and;
b) periodic production reports.
• Ensure that the OBE supply chain is in compliance with, and that relevant documentation is maintained in accordance with international organic accreditation requirements.
• Assist in the coordination of cattle movements and the recruitment of new suppliers.
4. Logistics & Supply Chain Management
• Regularly monitor inventory at various storage locations to ensure optimal levels are maintained and stock is sold in a timely manner.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with our supply chain partners from producer members to our processing partners through regular interactions.
5. Quality Assurance
• Manage the documentation and resolution of customer feedback. This involves documenting, investigation and review where applicable.
• Participate in the resolution of non-conformances.
• Contribute to a continuous improvement culture in the company in order to achieve strategic and operational outcomes.
• Use the internal information systems to access, retrieve and interpret data to generate reports for key internal and external stakeholders and respond to Management queries.
Who we are looking for:
- The Sales & Production Representative will be part of a three-person team who together manage the sale of OBE organic beef products to domestic and international markets. The role is very hands on and the successful applicant will be expected to make sales calls against a sales call register and record all communications with our customers in our cloud-based CRM system.
- This position will also be responsible for the management of weekly OBE productions at relevant abattoirs including Stanbroke Beef abattoir (Grantham) to ensure that customer specifications are being met. This position will involve travel to and from the abattoir as required. A current valid driver’s licence and car is required.
- This position may involve travel domestically and internationally to maintain current and develop new sales opportunities. A valid passport is required.
- The successful applicant must be confident working with numbers, margins and percentages & be proficient in the Microsoft suite of programs. They must have experience working with sales targets and budgets. It would be an advantage if you have worked with a customer relationship management (CRM) system recently.
- This position is expected to seek direction from the Business Planning and Improvement Manager(based in Brisbane), as well as the General Manager and work collaboratively with a small team of OBE personnel located within the Brisbane office.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of food products, processing procedures and be competent in the following areas;
- Sales of food products to domestic and export markets
- Production planning
- Product costing & pricing
- Inventory management
- Relationship management
Whilst previous experience in the above areas is an advantage, OBE places great importance on the professional and personal values of our team members, therefore new graduates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Employees at OBE believe in the following values;
- Continuous improvement & change – we acknowledge that there is always a better way of doing things & we welcome change
- Continuing professional development (CPD) – we support lifelong learning & striving to be the best you can be
- Confidence – we cultivate an environment that allows us to showcase our talents and expertise
- Communicating openly – we talk regularly, openly and honestly to our colleagues & our clients. We listen carefully too!
- Culture of innovation – we embrace the benefits of new technology
- Caring & trust- we care for each other by encouraging a healthy work-life balance
We encourage candidates who hold similar personal and professional values with relevant experience to apply.
To learn more about our company, you can visit our website at www.obeorganic.com
If you want to get to know our team, you can learn about them here https://www.obeorganic.com/category/people/
We also have a number of team members attending events and conferences through September. Feel free to connect with them on twitter or Linkedin to learn more about what it is like to be part of the OBE family!
Why not follow us on facebook and twitter too?
We look forward to receipt of your application via seek.com.au. Your application should include a cover letter & clearly show your experience in each of the core responsibilities of this role. Closing date for applications is Friday 9th October 2015.