OBE ORGANIC IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE POSITION REFERRED TO IN THIS POSTING HAS BEEN FILLED. THANK YOU. (NOVEMBER 1, 2102)
OBE Organic is growing! To meet our customer service requirements, we’re looking for new OBE organic team members.
Today we are recruiting for a newly created sales and production role.
OBE Organic is a small supplier owned company providing organic products to Australia and the rest of the world. It was formed in 1995 by 32 farming families who have been producing certified organic beef across 16 million acres of certified organic Channel Country. Many OBE producers are second and third generation families that have continued the traditions of the Australian Outback.
OBE now supplies organic products to Australia, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Europe & the USA and recently has focussed on expanding their network to include approved organic lamb producers and meat suppliers who operate under the OBE Organic Management System.
In all that we do, we are committed to forming working partnerships and collaborations with our customers, producers, other organic organisations, industry and government with the aim to further develop the economic sustainability of the Channel Country of inland Australia.
The Sales & Production Executive will join our sales team and will be responsible for driving the sale of OBE Organic Beef to domestic and international markets. This will involve building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective clients and negotiating sales to generate sustainable long-term business for the company.
This position will also be responsible for assisting with the management of weekly OBE productions at Stanbroke Beef abattoir (Grantham) to ensure that customer specifications are being met.
This position will be expected to travel domestically and internationally to maintain current and develop new sales opportunities as well as travel to and from the abattoir as required. A current valid driver’s licence and car is required.
This position is expected to seek direction from the OBE General Manager (based in Hong Kong) on sales and production activities and work collaboratively with a small team of OBE personnel located within the Brisbane office.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Demonstrated recent domestic & export sales experience.
- Evidence of ability to produce boning room specification sheets based on customer requirements & the analysis of abattoir feedback sheets.
- Evidence of the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans.
- Demonstrated capacity to perform in ‘on-the-road’ working conditions, out of the office and away from home for week-long trips.
- Demonstrated technical computer skills including high level knowledge Microsoft Oﬃce programmes including Excel.
- Valid Australian driver’s license.
- Valid passport with the ability to travel to the United States of America.
- Willingness to undertake travel is essential as directed by OBE Management.
- Proof of Q Fever vaccination status is required
- Has no impediment to employment which involves selling, handling or preparing meat.
Written applications addressing the key selection criteria and a copy of your resume including three professional referees should be emailed to Mrs Paula Fraser by email email@example.com
The core responsibilities for this position are detailed below;
1. Develop and maintain relationships with current and prospective OBE customers to understand their business needs and to identify further opportunities for engagement and product sales.
2. Generate sales of OBE Organic products through the provision of high level customer service to meet our customer needs. This will include:
a. Developing an in depth understanding of OBE products and services and the OBE cost profile incorporating production, storage transport and logistics;
b. Negotiating with customers to maximise sales, profit and inventory control;
c. Preparation of sales quotes with due consideration of the OBE cost profile;
d. Completing and reviewing credit applications to ensure compliance with OBE’s Credit Policy, and;
e. Generation of relevant documentation including sales and purchase orders;
3. Actively monitor debtors and seek prompt payment for outstanding accounts.
Planning & Market Development
4. Contribute to the development and implementation of strategic and operational plans relating to the company as a whole and individual product programs
5. Analyse, document and make recommendations in regards to new product and market opportunities with due consideration to risks, pricing models, budgets and profitability.
6. Develop and implement marketing and sales plans relating to new and existing product lines.
7. Manage OBE productions at relevant abattoirs to ensure compliance with orders, customer requirements and the OBE Quality System.
8. Produce, and analyse (where applicable) relevant production documentation. This includes:
a. weekly boning specification sheets based on customer requirements & the analysis of feedback sheets, and;
b. periodic production reports.
9. Ensure that the OBE supply chain is in compliance with, and that relevant documentation is maintained in accordance with international organic accreditation requirements.
Logistics & Supply Chain Management
10. Regularly monitor inventory at various storage locations to ensure optimal levels are maintained and stock is sold in a timely manner.
11. Maintain an excellent relationship with our supply chain partners from producer members to our processing partners through regular interactions.
12. Manage the documentation and resolution of customer feedback. This involves documenting, investigation and review where applicable.
13. Contribute to the development of policies and procedures to ensure the efficacy and efficiency of sales and production responsibilities.
14. Contribute to a continuous improvement culture in the company in order to achieve strategic and operational outcomes.
15. Use the internal information systems to access, retrieve and interpret data to generate reports for key internal and external stakeholders and respond to Board queries.
All responsibilities identified above should be undertaken to ensure alignment with the company’s strategic direction and compliance with OBE corporate governance requirements and relevant and legislative requirements.
The responsibilities as specified above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.